Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Late Night+Naughty Dog= Lots of Crying

So last night was inventory at our store so I did not get home until after 12 am. I was very tired ok very, very tired. Anyways I came in the house and saw some little bits of chewed up paper on the floor. My thoughts "What did Chino do now". As I turned to put my keys down I saw what he had done...
He chewed up my What to Expect When Your Expecting book. Now I will ask you all this what should my reaction have been? Thats simple, yell at the dog for chewing up my book tell him he is a bad dog and that would be that right? WRONG!!!
I began to bawl and I mean bawl out of control. Lance came out because my crying woke him up of course. He asked me what was wrong I explained to him about the book. His answer was we can buy a new one its ok (sweet, but not what I wanted). I aparently was very attached to this particular copy of my book and didn't not want a new one I wanted that one all better (what am I? A four year old who lost her Barbie Doll?). So to wrap it all up I cried for about and hour yes thats right one whole hour before I finally feel asleep. I woke up still sad but a little bit more sane. Guess I will be buying another book. I really loved that book, it will be missed.

*Side note: The book was chewed up way too much Lance had picked up most of the remains. Otherwise I think it could have been a lot worse*

4 comments:

Sally said...

I think it's very telling that Chino chose that particular book to chew up. Chino must know that some competition is headed his way and he wants to show you that he won't stand for any neglect!

Dani and Paul said...

That is the life of being pregnant. You cry for no good reason and you cry over the small things. Its ok bc I am still crying over stupid things and Paul tries to make it better but nothing works. I love being a girl

Train Gang said...

I Loved hearing this irrational story told from a totally rational point of view the next day. cool that you can laugh at the insanities of motherhood!

Train Gang said...

Also, maybe Chino just thinks that book is overrated!