Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sickie-Wickie

For anyone who watched Will and Grace, and saw the episode with Molly Shannon where Will is sick should understand that title.
So my beautiful baby boy is currently going through his first real sickness. He started running a fever well over 103 last night. I called the on-call peds to see if there was anything I should do because tylenol was not working at all! She was SUPER rude and told me to put him back to bed because he needs to sleep it off. Then she hung up on me!! It was 10pm it wasn't that late and my kid was sick so get over it!
Today Wyatts fever still was not gone so I took him to the DR to make sure there was no ear infection. The DR saw him and thought he may have a Urine infection (GREAT!!). So we hooked a little bag around his man parts and waited for him to pee. Cut to 3 HOURS later and he finally pees. Good news: No Infection Bad news: Wyatt has a nasty virus.
So it will be late nights and sick baby around here for awhile. The funny thing is even though he had a bad fever he was kicking and laughing like nothing was wrong...SERIOUSLY that kid is so weird sometimes...FEEL BETTER WYATT!!

4 comments:

Kati Howard said...

OH, Poor Wyatt! And shame on that nasty nurse. I think it's hit and miss with nurses, either you have a real witch of grouch or you have the sweetest, most loving nurse who makes your day. Lucky for you guys they found out what was going on.

Feel better soon Wyatt!

Unknown said...

I can't believe the nurse hung up on you! You should've gotten her name and complained to her boss... I hate it when people don't do their job right. On the other hand though, ickness is not as bad for babies as it is for adults--most of the time. When Kai gets sick he's the best-behaved baby ever, he just sits and cuddles...I'm sure Wyatt will recover very soon. Hugs for you and the little one!

Jen said...

Good, I am glad you didnt do a catheter, they are horrible! They can give you a horrible infection. Good luck little Wyatt!

Nurse to be Gina Marie said...

I am sorry Becks...

You can try giving him a luke warm bath, the temp of the bath should cool him down, not too cold, because that's no good, just luke warm :) Hope he feels better soon!