Friday, April 17, 2009

C Section

So we went in for our weekly Dr.'s appointment and did an ultra sound to check on the baby. Much to our shock since the last time we checked several weeks ago the baby has moved and is now breech! What my doc thinks happened is that the baby hit a big growth spurt and no longer fit so he moved up so he would fit better. Needless to say I will be having a C section on Thursday so that baby will be here soon. We also know that this baby is all MacDonald since his head is measuring off the charts (MacDonald trait..big heads) and the ultra sound is projecting his weight at 9lbs 1oz (another MacDonald trait). Please say prayers that all goes well and we have one healthy baby boy.

13 comments:

The Sheppards said...

Good luck, Becky! I'll be thinking about you guys.. Can't wait to see pictures of the new family!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Are you bummed or relieved that you're not having a vaginal delivery (it felt awkward to type vaginal)? Seeing as you said he's measuring big, especially in the cranium, it's probably a good thing! Well good luck bex! I can't wait to see the little (or in his case, big?)guy!

Jennie said...

I am so excited for my little nephew!! :)

Sheryl said...

Im so excited for you! Hope everything goes well!

justin and yuan said...

Whoa 9 lbs already?! That's a big baby! Good luck with the C section... can wait to see the little guy! Get all the sleep you can now, cuz you are not getting much for the next year, hehe.

justin and yuan said...

oops, typo...
'can' should be 'can't' :)))

Kati Howard said...

Becky, as a fellow survivor of pregnancy and a c-section.... I will say I'm sure that all will go as planned.

In my case, since Quincy was transverse breech, a c-section was the best thing possible. Imagine trying to push a baby out sideways and upside down. Yikes!

Doctors these days are wonderfully smart! And 9lbs Holy Cow...Wow!! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Goody Luck!

Sally said...

I am SO EXCITED!!

Train Gang said...

Whoo hooo! on the healthy big baby...and BOO HOOOO on the C-sec, but I know Lance will be taking good care of you after so I'm not worried. I'M JUST SO EXCITED!!! you two will be such wonderful parents.

Ashley Bankhead said...

Oh my goodness Becky. That is exciting and scary at the same time. We will be excited to see pictures and to know how everything goes.

Lauren said...

I just discovered you guys had a blog from Sheryl's. (We have one too, by the way.) That's amazing you're having a baby this week. A friend of mine just had a c-section last week and said it isn't as bad as she thought it would be.

Also, we're moving to LA in July or August because Adam is going to UCLA Law school. I'm assuming you are still in Southern California. We should get together when we get there. Good luck with everything.

Kristin said...

Hurray!!!! I'm so excited! I'm just glad that you knew before hand! My sister in law had to push for 2 hours before they figured out her baby was too big and did an emergency c section!

We'll be praying that all goes well on Thursday!!!

janelle said...

I am so excited. I can't wait!!!!