Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In Rare Form!

So today I had my first full blown and I mean FULL BLOWN pregnancy moment. As I was getting ready to leave for work today I went and turned off our space heater. (they don't believe in real heat on the beaches of Santa Barbara I guess). Well as I did that I looked at my sweet little puppy on the couch and the worst feeling came over me and then well this is what happened next....

I started to cry because I thought truely thought that our space heater was going to explode and that our house would catch on fire and Chino would have no way out and would die. So what did I do? I called Lance explained it to him and he said "I don't know how he would get out"! Which put me into even more of a panic. I then told him I wasn't leaving the house until we figured this out. He then realized he needed to get me out of this irrational state and told me the house was not going to blow up and that Chino would be fine I then said "I think you should come home and take Chino to work with you".(Are you laughing yet).

Long story short Lance talked me off my ledge I went to work and my house and dog are fine. Don't worry I am sure there will be many, many more of these stories to come. The joys of pregnancy!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Atleast you recognized it was a pregnancy moment! Lots of times, I just thought everyone else was being irrational, I'm sure Matthew LOVED every second of those 18 months!

Jen said...

Oh yes- it is just the begining! Just wait til you have a little one to be completely irrational about. I still won't let my kids go outside by themselves and we live on two and a half acres in the middle of no where!

Sally said...

Becky, this is too funny. I am glad you blogged about it because you will want to remember these crazy moments.

I remember when I was 8 months pregnant with Nathan and we were at a store and I met a miniature jack russell terrier puppy. So this adorable dog was about the size of my foot and her name was Lucy (yes, this was 7 years ago and I still remember). I fell in love with her and insisted that we get a dog.

Jason talked me out of it, but those maternal hormones were so strong! I saw this adorable little puppy and totally lost my mind.

Kati Howard said...

Becky and Lance!

Welcome to the blog world.... we're so glad you guys joined. It IS a great way to keep in touch with everyone.


And Congradulations!!!! When we talked to Matt last we heard you guys weren't pregnant. What Fantastic news!

Keep us all updated.

Love,
Kati and Tyler

Emily said...

Becky, this is such a funny story. You have a great sense of humor!